Competent Solutions for Complex Situations
We Turn Our Expertise Into Your Results
Using our uniquely broad and deep expertise, we look at your full-picture and zoom into custom solutions that deliver practical results tailored to your business needs. The value we offer impacts your bottom line at two levels:
- Preserving Your Success: Building infrastructure, avoiding liability, problem-solving, and protecting your company’s reputation as an employer.
- Increasing Your Success: Developing the mindset inside your company that becomes the brand you want to have outside, attracting talent, developing leaders, optimizing and incentivizing performance, measuring results and ROI.
Preserving Your Success:
Increasing Your Success:
Building infrastructure, avoiding liability, problem-solving, and protecting your company’s reputation as an employer.
Developing the mindset inside your company that becomes the brand you want to have outside, attracting talent, developing leaders, optimizing and incentivizing performance, measuring results and ROI.
HR is Puzzling. Navigating it Doesn’t Have To Be.
We Turn Complex Into Capable.
Whether you need to propel your business by creating a strategic HR action plan or you just need help with an urgent HR question, we will meet you where you are. We deliver specific results from a full-view perspective. Like helicopter pilots, we can analyze your circumstances at a 10,000-foot global perspective, quickly descend to deal with a mid-level HR management challenge, then go down to Earth to facilitate the solution to an employee conflict. Our focused but integrated approach includes HR consulting services in these areas:
- HR strategy development
- HR analytics, metrics, dashboards, ROI
- HR infrastructure
- Employee handbook and policies
- Workforce planning
- Culture development and change
- Employment branding
- Talent acquisition
- Organizational effectiveness
- Leadership development
- Engagement and retention
- Performance optimization and FeedForward systems
- Total rewards: compensation, incentives, benefits
- Leave and disability management including interactive process and reasonable accommodation
- Employee relations, conflict resolution
- Terminations, reorganizations and reductions-in-force
- Workers’ compensation
Skilled fact-finding for practical resolutions
We are timely, objective and thorough.
Our expertise and credentials bring results, while our integrity and approach create a favorable experience. Our uniquely broad and deep perspective magnifies the quality of our investigations at every step, including planning, rapport-building, effective interviewing, report production, and presentation of results to discerning clients such as boards of directors. Based on client preference and availability, our investigations are conducted by:
- HR Consultant who is a Licensed Private Investigator (Cláudia Schwartz, California PI License 28731)
- Employment attorney who is an investigator
Broad Experience, Deep Expertise
Comprehensive Perspectives Forming Credible Opinions.
Our capability and credibility as HR expert witnesses are unique because of our comprehensive and extensive accomplishments in areas including:
- Human Resources leadership roles in companies with up to 10,000 employees across industries
- Hundreds of workplace investigations and a California PI License
- Directing the UCSD HR Leadership Program, where leaders share their current and evolving HR practices
- Teaching applied employment law for HR professionals at universities including UCSD for over 20 years
- Court-appointment to implement an EEOC consent decree resulting from one of their largest class-action settlements ($47 million)
- Creation and delivery of training programs, including harassment and bullying prevention, respect in the workplace, investigations, employment law for managers
- Extensive knowledge related to disabilities, interactive process, reasonable accommodation, leave management, return to work, employment separation, and related discrimination, harassment and retaliation complaints
- Understanding of diversity from professional and personal experiences as members of legally protected groups, including being born and raised in Latin America
Inspiring Change In A Changing World.
We spark learning for lasting results.
Learning, unlearning and relearning is crucial to sustain career and organizational success. We take a pulse on what you want to achieve and accelerate your progress with learning in these key areas:
Research has shown that leadership effectiveness is the most powerful factor impacting employees’ discretionary effort and performance. Seizing this opportunity is pivotal for organizations to thrive in a world that is volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous. We stimulate leadership development that aligns internal culture, external brand, and business results. Examples of programs:
- Solve as You Evolve: In this comprehensive program, a group of high-potential cohorts participate in a combination of workshops and individual coaching. Over a few months, they achieve individual goals while creating collective solutions for organizational issues or plans to seize business opportunities.
- Training for Developing Leaders: This can be delivered as a workshop or multiple sessions, building proficiency in key skills needed for success (for example, hiring new talent, setting expectations, inspiring collaboration and commitment, managing conflict, optimizing performance and accountability, managing within the law, coaching, corrective action, and termination).
- Custom Workshops: Learning that is specific to the skills and results you want to achieve. We use time and cost-efficient ways to listen to participants and quickly gather information for meaningful experiential learning. We integrate our offerings with your business goals and accountability systems.
Harassment Training and Related Programs:
- Harassment Training for Supervisors as Required by California Law: We draw real life situations (adapted for confidentiality) from our work as investigators, expert witnesses, EEOC consent decree monitors, and consultants. Our training includes innovative experiential activities that capture participants’ attention and translate learning into action. We support compliance with legally required information, handouts, post-training assessment, and acknowledgement to avoid liability.
- Respect in the Workplace Training for All Employees: This program is different from traditional “harassment training” that often create employee skepticism or even liability. Instead, we carefully create impactful experiences that support behavioral change while also addressing bullying, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and the company’s complaint process.
Training on How to Conduct Investigations:
- The learning is unique in its practical skill-building. It is tailored to the client company and includes step-by-step learning, extensive materials, real-life examples, experiential exercises, feedback, consultation on practices and processes.
- Training is usually delivered in a one-day workshop. It can be adapted to the client’s preferences.
Training and Learning Related to HR:
- Learning on HR Competencies: Assessment and mentoring on functional and technical aspects of Human Resources.
- Employment Law Review: Comprehensive training or sessions by functional area. Learning can be facilitated in workshops or one-on-one.
- Training Related to Disabilities and Leaves: Comprehensive or specific sessions on the integrated disability management policies and practices, interactive process, reasonable accommodations, leaves of absence under federal and state law, return-to-work, etc.
Optimizing and Sustaining Performance
We are catalysts for insights and results.
We partner with you to identify the changes that would make the most positive difference in meeting your definition of success. We fuel development with purposeful questions, practical skill-building, an actionable plan, and opportunities to make change sustainable. Coaching can be offered on-on-one and in groups. It includes:
Coaching for Leaders and Professionals
- Development for high-potential professionals committed to excel in their roles or evolve into higher challenges
- Coaching targeted at increasing effectiveness in selected areas to reach well-balanced performance
- Process to maintain a high-level of engagement and contribution by professionals who are valuable in their role, but are not pursuing advancement and are at high risk of burn out.
- Coaching for succession planning, retirement, or knowledge transfer.
Coaching for Sales and Business Development Professionals
- Hands-on coaching (“live” or “behind-the-scene”) that immediately impacts business outcomes while skills are being developed. This instant ROI coaching method includes the sales coach building scripts as he listens to the prospect, and the sales person using the script during the call and keeping it for later use
- Sales strategy and skill development using emerging technology and apps that maximize lead generation, funnel management, and accountability to meeting goals
Coaching Following Investigations and Employment Actions
- Coaching to address goals in Performance Improvement Plans
- One-on-one coaching and training to minimize recurrence of unproductive behaviors, such as actions inconsistent with respect in the workplace and the company’s harassment, discrimination and retaliation policies
Coaching for HR Professionals
- Assessment of HR leaders’ effectiveness
- Competency development for increased effectiveness or promotion readiness
- Structured and practical learning on HR functions and employment law
- “Just-in-time” answers and tools as needed
- Coaching to support specific goals or projects
Coaching on English Language Skills and Business Writing
- Practical competency development on culturally neutral English language communication – spoken and written
- Coaching and editing to increase the effectiveness of written communications
Coaching on Presentation Skills
- Coaching on effective presentations, assessing and addressing the behaviors with the greatest impact on goal achievement
- Coaching and preparation for specific presentations, including video-enabled practice and feedback loops
You Don’t Have To Be An Expert
How well do you navigate the complexity of sensitive health and family situations, conflicting needs, heightened emotions, and perplexing laws? We have spent thousands of hours building expertise in these areas, so you don’t have to. Addressing such needs constructively is essential to becoming an employer of choice and preventing the #1 basis of employment discrimination complaints in California: physical and mental disabilities. The solutions we bring include:
- Facilitating the interactive process and reasonable accommodations for disabilities
- Development and review of Leave and Return to Work company policies
- Creating and implementing comprehensive Integrated Disability Management policies and programs
- Establishing processes and managing the complexity of workers’ compensation and non-occupational based leaves of absence mandated by federal and California laws, including their interface with paid sick leave (California and City specific) and benefits (provided by employers and federal/state government agencies)
- Consultation and non-legal representation in hearings, e.g., Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board
- Expert witness in employment litigation
Integrity And Sense Of Business Strategy..."Cláudia Schwartz is an experienced HR professional who brings integrity and a sense of business strategy when addressing the HR aspects of the business. Cláudia is very creative and committed to delivering tangible results for the client. She does everything to ensure client satisfaction."Claudia Mazanec, Human Resources, Qualcomm
Cláudia Schwartz Received A 97.3% Rating..."Cláudia Schwartz received a 97.3% rating as a speaker in the San Diego SHRM Conference, tying for the highest rating."Results reported by Gretchen Bonifield,
A True Inspiration..."Cláudia Schwartz is a true inspiration and a mentor, not only to me, but to so many other young Human Resource professionals. Cláudia has an amazing ability to return all calls and e-mails promptly and, despite her very demanding schedule, she never makes the person on the other end of the phone or computer terminal feel rushed or insignificant. Her willingness to put in so much extra time and effort to help advance the field of human resources is a true inspiration. Cláudia’s work-ethic and high standards are contagious. When Cláudia says something or shares information, I always know it will be accurate. I am consistently amazed at Cláudia’s ability to know the most specific details of a situation but also be able to view things from a global business perspective. Yes, business and not Human Resources. Because of her, I am a better businesswoman and Human Resource professional. She has an amazing ability to treat everyone she knows with respect regardless of where they are in their professional development. She unselfishly gives of her time and energy with no expectation of anything in return, just the hope and desire that the field of human resources will continue to advance. Claudia is a mentor in every sense of the word."Melissa Cogan, SVP of HR, LPL Financial
Claudia Is One-Of-A-Kind..."I have known Cláudia for years as one of the best HR Leaders in San Diego. I have worked with Cláudia when she conducted a complex investigation at my former organization and when she has provided professional development in several organizations. It is without hesitation and with great pride that I recommend Cláudia for any engagement related to Human Resources, Organizational Development, Leadership and Business strategy. Claudia is one-of-a-kind in her skill, knowledge and ability to bring about positive change. She is exceptionally devoted to the HR community and provides countless hours helping to mentor and develop future HR Leaders. I have been fortunate to benefit from Cláudia’s mentorship myself. Above all, Cláudia is skilled at working with all; from entry-level to the C-Suite and she does so with admirable integrity, poise and true vision. As an HR Leader myself, I aspire to be what Cláudia is to others."Phebe Jones, HR Director, Rady Children's Hospital Physician Management Group
Cláudia Puts Her Clients Before Her Business..."Cláudia puts her clients before her business. She is the only person I know who always has a good answer when I am in need. Her wealth of knowledge, thoroughness, and patience in explaining things are priceless qualities, especially for a venture capital company as ours. Having seen Cláudia training so many times, I can say she is a magnificent teacher. I can’t say enough about her."Vonda Fontaine, Manager, Forward Ventures